Did you know that…
- 17% to 31% of the general community report chronic pain.
- 50% of hospitalized patients report acute pain of moderate to severe intensity.
- People in pain miss work, spend time in hospital and visit the doctor often.
- Pain is almost unmentioned in medical training.
- Severe shortage of acute pain services and pain clinics in hospital settings.
- In-hospital patients with pain from non-surgical conditions are less likely to have their pain taken seriously enough to be treated.
- Outpatients who report pain of chronic duration to health care professionals are often dismissed, or are accused of malingering.
- There is a large gap between what is known and what is practiced in the treatment of all kinds of pain
- November 6th-12th is National Pain Awareness Week.
Click here to find out more.