Family is whomever the patient chooses to have close to them to provide care and comfort during their healthcare experience. You may be a
- Spouse or partner
- Gay/lesbian/transgender partner
- Parent or grandparent
- Sibling, or other close family
- Privately paid caregiver
I Pledge to:
- Introduce myself to healthcare workers.
- Use the whiteboard to help communicate with healthcare workers.
- Smile and be friendly and considerate to others – patients, healthcare workers and visitors.
- Remember that this may be the worst day of our life, but it is a routine day for healthcare staff.
- Carry a current copy of my loved one’s medication’s list.
- Take a break for my own self-care.
- Ask for help when needed
- Ask how I can safely help support my loved one’s care.
- Help support my loved one’s care.
- Ask to participate in meetings about my loved one’s care.
- Stay with my loved one while they die, if that is their desire.
Click here to make your pledge.