1. What relationships are included as “family”?
Family is whomever the patient chooses to have close to them to provide care and comfort during their healthcare experience. So, family may be a
- Spouse or partner
- Parent or grandparent
- Sibling, or other close family
- Privately paid caregiver
2. How can you help healthcare workers and doctors understand your needs better? E.g., Need a break? Need more information? Are you juggling other caregiving responsibilities?
3. How can doctors and other healthcare providers be partners with families to better understand:
- The Patient’s medical history or medications used
- Safety issues
- Language / culture
- Spiritual care, financial, or counselling needs.
4. Would it be helpful to talk with someone who has gone through a similar experience? Where might I find this support?
Click here to make your pledge.