I Pledge to:
- Advocate for 24/7 family presence in all of my Advisory work
- Advocate for welcoming treatment of families in all hospitals, facilities, healthcare clinics and offices in Alberta.
- Educate the public to promote an understanding of how to partner in stressful situations.
- Encourage decision makers to include both patients’ AND families’ perspectives on health improvement committees
- Remind improvement committees about family variation. Not all families want to be included, and some families are the medical experts on the patients’ care.
- Advocate for changes to legislation or government language that is not welcoming of family participation.
Click here to make your pledge.